Week 1 Reflection

The Sixth Day of Senior Project: May 15th

Week one is in the books. Self-discipline has been key in my project. 

It's interesting how trained we are to do things for a grade. When there is no grade I feel less inclined to do it. Which has made this project a bit difficult. I've implemented some good time management skills, which have helped me along the way. Setting up a block of time and then sandwiching a break in between has helped. I find making benchmarks critical!

The many things I've learned through the research for my project have been enlightening. From the articles and research, I've learned that people gain motivation from their families and careers. The theme of motivators correlates to the conversations I've had with people which I find fascinating and evident. It's disheartening to see the surveys of happiness levels amongst populations. But then I think of all the amazing tools and resources out there to help people find balance and purpose. There just need to be ways to make these sources more available. 

The next portion of the essay and research I want to dive into is how social media, technology, and consumer culture (a result of technology) affect happiness and purpose. I also want to ask more questions in interviews about how people find the balance between work and life. As well as incorporating passion into a career. I'm really hoping the end result of my project can help other students with the daunting question of their futures. 

Total Project Hours: 32.5 Hours

Slipped in an extra day of 6 hours that I did not blog about. 

Comments

Popular Posts