Editing and Research

 The Fourth Day of Senior Project: May 12th

Writing is no joke and is intense. It always surprises me how long it takes to edit a paper. There is always something to tweak, something to restructure. It feels like an endless spiral at times. 

I spent the majority of the day working on my big essay talking about meaning and how we find purpose in our lives. I found an interesting article posted by Forbes titled, "The 8 Things People Desperately Desire but Can't Seem to Obtain". The author talks about the continuum of the pursuit of happiness. She explains how people tend to seek happiness from external sources but by doing so they will never truly be happy. My argument is that happiness is not the sole thing we should be seeking. There are so many beautiful wonderful emotions to experience that can be blinded by the search for happiness. Meaning is what we should be seeking because from meaning blossoms an enriching life of happiness. I found another study by Pew Research that surveyed how people find meaning in their life and a lot of people answered their career or their family. I'm looking forward to talking with more people about how they find meaning in what they do! 


Daily Hours: 5.5 

Total Hours: 21.5

Comments

Popular Posts